Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This Thanksgiving I say thank you to so many for giving me so much.

Thank you to the people who pushed me really hard. The ones who said I wouldn't make it, that I'd bitten off more than I could chew, that I'd never survive on my own, alone, in private practice. Thank you to the haters, the jealous, the small minded and small-hearted.

You made me try that much harder.

Thank you to the bullies who made my life suck as a kid but who taught me the difference between a real friend and someone who only wants to use you. Thank you to the mean girls who tried to bring me down. You sure put a lot of effort into hating me, I hope it was worth it, because I don't hate you.

Thank you to the nerds, the artists, the geeks, the misfits, the weirdos. When I look at you, I see: friend. I see somebody like me, who has turned negativity into compassion. Cheers to choosing kindness over fitting in and flying under the radar. You are brave every day.

You give me the courage to be me.

Thank you to the heroes who don't wear uniforms. The moms, dads, and grandparents on the front lines of raising our next generation. Your job is harder than it's ever been. Thank you to the teachers, the coaches, the bus drivers, para-professionals, social workers, therapists, and guidance counselors. You give our children a place to grow, to learn, to be accepted.

You were my role models. May you continue to inspire.

Thank you to the animal rescuers, the canine and feline foster parents, the ones who give of themselves, their time, and their money to protect those without a voice of their own.

You humble me.

Thank you to the unsung heroes. The ones behind the curtains who aren't looking for recognition. The ones who do what has to be done for the good of others even though they may not have enough for themselves. Thank you to our men and women in uniform of any kind - military, fire, police, and first responders.

You run in while the rest of wait with baited breath.

Thank you to my husband, my family, friends, dogs, cats, and even Mr. Peepers - our finch who we thought would never die. RIP Mr. Peepers. You really hung in there and your peeps and beeps are missed already.
I love the shite outta you guys and I really hope you know that.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Get your nom on!



No comments:

Post a Comment